From the EMSB Directorate
We look forward to welcoming back all students and staff on Tuesday, January 18.
Here you will find a letter from Dr. Mylène Drouin, directrice régionale de santé publique pour la région de Montréal, addressed to all parents, and the protocol to be followed regarding COVID isolation periods provided by the ministère de l’Éducation.
Further details on isolation of positive or symptomatic individuals and contacts can be obtained by visiting these web links:
Isolation of Contacts:
Please be aware of the important information below:
- Elementary school students will receive rapid test kits to take home in the coming weeks;
- We will continue to offer testing to elementary students with symptoms at the school;
- Employees with symptoms will have the option of being tested for COVID at the school upon request;
- Procedural masks will continue to be provided to all students and school personnel;
- Extra-curricular activities are suspended until further notice, except for sport-études programs (details to be provided by the school);
- Daycare services will resume as per each school’s schedule;
- The COVID vaccination campaign for the second dose will resume in the elementary schools by the end of January;
- All personnel can book their third dose on Clic Santé.
Rest assured that all sanitary measures are in place to ensure the safety of students and staff. Many efforts will be made to avoid the closing of classes and prioritize in-presence schooling.
As per the Ministry’s directives, students and staff in the youth and the adult sectors, with the exception of pre-school students only, must always wear a procedural mask - in the classroom, hallways, open areas, bus transportation, daycare and physical education classes held indoors.
We sincerely thank you for your continued support and collaboration.