Digital Citizenship at Elizabeth Ballantyne believes in a model for supporting safe and responsible use of the internet in teaching and learning. Modelling what appropriate and responsible use looks like is an imperative aspect of digital citizenship when using technology within our learning. As a parent, you are an integral part of the digital citizenship development of your child. Please review the description of an Elizabeth Ballantyne digital citizen with your child and view the recommended parent links included in this booklet.
A Digital Citizen
- participates in positive educational, cultural, and economic activities using technology
- uses critical thinking
- is literate in the language, symbols, and texts of digital technologies
- uses technology to relate to others in positive, meaningful ways and maintains honesty and integrity while using technology
- respects the concepts of privacy and freedom of speech in a digital world
- Respects and protects him/herself others, and intellectual property!
Links for Parents
- Childnet http://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers
- Digizen http://www.digizen.org/parents/
- Common Sense Media http://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog